This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pregnancy is a beautiful time in a woman’s life. Whether this is your first child or beyond, going through nine months carrying your new baby will be a life-changing experience.
When you need inspiration or a pick-me-up, these pregnancy quotes are perfect to review.
The Ups and Downs of Pregnancy
With its many ups and downs, pregnancy has many challenging and beautiful moments.
There is a lot to consider. From eating the right foods to keep your baby strong to maintaining your mental health and preparing to take care of a new life, things can get stressful.
When you get overwhelmed, you may need a glimpse of hope. Whether this is your first time or not, having something to make you smile is always great. These inspiring pregnancy quotes for mamas-to-be could be just what you need to comfort your mind.
Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes
Many questions can go through your mind after you find out you are pregnant. You may have doubts or need some encouraging thoughts to help start your journey. Certain stages of pregnancy bring up new challenges, and reading comforting words can help make a difference in each stage.
Here are some words to lift your spirits and inspire you to be the amazing mom you will be.
- “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin”. ‒ Amy Tan
- “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” ‒ Beyoncé
- “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” ‒ Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
- “Pregnancy is a process that teaches you patience, selflessness, and endurance.” ‒ Aysha Taryam
- “You never understand life until it grows inside you.” ‒ Sandra C. Kassis
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” ‒ Eda LeShan
- “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” ‒ Carrie Fisher
- “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” ‒ Judy Ford
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” ‒ Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “I’m in love with a human I haven’t met yet.” ‒ Miss Planner
- “Children reinvent your world for you.” ‒ Susan Sarandon
- “Making the decision to have a child ‒ it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ‒ Elizabeth Stone
- “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” ‒ Christine Feehan
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ‒ Christian D. Larson
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” ‒ Laura Stavoe Harm
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” ― Rajneesh
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
- “Now my belly is as noble as my heart.” — Gabriela Mistral
- “My goal is to appreciate my body for what it has done.” — Sia Cooper
- “My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.” — Hilary Duff
- “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.”– Jayne Mansfield
- “The wonder of life begins in the womb of a woman.”– Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I love being pregnant. I have such an incredible connection with myself and with my body that I’ve never had before.”– Jessica Simpson
- “All the time we wondered and wondered, who is this person coming, growing, turning, floating, swimming deep, deep inside?”– Crescent Dragonwagon
- “If you are a mom, you are a superhero, period.”– Rosie Pope
Funny Pregnancy Quotes
Pregnancy is full of new experiences, and you can use a laugh here and there. Staying humorous about your experiences can lift your spirits and hearing others joke about their experience could help you feel less alone.
Here are some funny quotes to inspire you during times you need encouragement.
- “It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.” -Angelina Jolie
- “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.”– Jessica Simpson
- “Every four weeks I go up a bra size … it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.”– Natasha Hamilton
- “Being pregnant was a lot like being a child again. There was always someone telling you what to do.”– Emily Oster
- “Everybody thinks for one moment when they’re pregnant that they’re actually carrying the spawn of the devil.”– Tilda Swinton
- “If pregnancy were a book they would cut the last two chapters.”– Nora Ephron
- “By far the most common craving of pregnant women is not to be pregnant.”– Phyllis Diller
- “Everyone knows food is important to pregnant women. But what the uninitiated might not realize is that time is of the essence. The bottom line is, when she says she’s hungry, she means it. Feed that woman immediately or she will eat your f***ing face.”– Aaron Gouveia
- “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.”– Rita Rudner
- “Stop saying, ‘We’re pregnant.’ You’re not pregnant! Do you have to squeeze a watermelon-sized person out of your lady-hole? No. Are you crying alone in your car listening to a stupid Bette Midler song? No. When you wake up and throw up, is it because you’re nurturing a human life? No. It’s because you had too many shots of tequila.” -Mila Kunis
- “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” — Tina Fey
- “I have two brains in my body. I’ve never felt so dumb.” -Gloria, Modern Family
- “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” — Evan Esar
- “If you want to know the feeling, just take your bottom lip and pull it over your head.” — Carol Burnett
- “I’m not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me the drugs.” – Madonna
- “Being pregnant was the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life. Except for the cupcakes.” — Ashlee Simpson
- “I used to have a terrific flat stomach, but now it’s kind of blown out after two giant babies used it as a short-term apartment.” — Amy Poehler
- “Of course, I’d like children. But I have to get over my impression that being pregnant is like popping corn. You expand and expand until you pop.” — Markie Post
- “In the pregnancy process, I have come to realize how much of the burden is on the female partner. She’s got a construction zone going on in her belly.”― Al Roker
- “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’” ― Connie Fioretto
- “At eight months pregnant, one does not simply ‘roll over in bed.’” — Jennifer Garner
- “Ask me the gender and due date one more time.” – Kiera Knightley
- “Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.” ― Queen Victoria
- “No one told me I’d be coming home in diapers, too.” – Chrissy Tiegen
- “Baby brain is real. I should not be permitted to operate heavy equipment including iPhones.” – Olivia Wild
Pregnancy Quotes for New Moms
Having a baby is full of fun moments like spending money on adorable outfits and creating the perfect photo opt for each month you make it through. Being a new mother is a rewarding experience like no other. You will have many memories and moments with the beautiful baby you birthed, so get excited about it!
Here are some pregnancy quotes for a new mom about motherhood.
- “We should recognize that women become mothers the moment they are pregnant.”– Alveda King
- “Pregnancy has been a huge lesson in patience and in allowing myself to be open to whatever the day may hand me.”– Anna Kaiser
- “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.”– Joyce Armor
- “I find a pregnant body to be beautiful and an incredible reminder of what a woman’s body is made to do.”– Kourtney Kardashian
- “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body – meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit.”– Amy Adams
- “All pregnant women are warriors. It takes strength just to get up and go to work.”– Camilla Luddington
- “Pregnancy and motherhood are the most beautiful and significantly life-altering events that I have ever experienced.”– Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.” — Penelope Leach
- “The first pregnancy is the most self-indulgent thing in the world because you get massages and prenatal yoga and hypnotherapy CDs. During this one I forget that I’m even pregnant. I’m hoisting my 2-year-old around.” — Emily Blunt
- “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” — Mariska Hargitay
- “Still the most magical day of my life was the day I became a mom.” — Linda Becker
- “There are words in the soul of a newborn baby, wanting and waiting to be written.” — Toba Beta
- “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” — Maggie Scarf
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain—your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
- “Sometimes, when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart, that all the same, you could not live without.”– Jodi Picoult
- “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
- “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.” – Pamela S. Nadav
- “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” – Sarah Josepha Hale
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment.” – Anita Diamant
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
- “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.”– George Bernard Shaw
Pregnancy Quotes For a Girl Mom
Finding out you are going to have a mini-me running around is exciting. The day you give birth will feel like you are holding a version of yourself in your arms. Here are quotes for girl moms-to-be.
- “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “In my daughter’s eyes, I am a hero. I am strong and wise, and I know no fear.” – Martina McBride
- “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
- “A mother’s and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
- “Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.” – Margaret E. Sangster
- “Mother and daughter got on very well indeed, with a deep affection founded on almost complete misunderstanding.” – Mary Stewart
- “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” – Caitlin Houston
- “No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” – Christie Watson
- “You may hate being pregnant, but the minute the baby is born, she is God’s precious child, given to you as a gift.” – Sandra Dallas
- “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
Pregnancy Quotes For a Boy Mom
Becoming a boy’s mom is a beautiful journey, as you will watch him become the amazing man you created. Raising a son is a lovely experience filled with fun and joy. Guiding him through the journey of life will display your love and kindness through him.
Here are pregnancy quotes for a boy mom-to-be.
- “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” – Joseph Stefano
- “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” — Cheri Fuller
- “In the chaos and noise, a boy’s mom finds joy, laughter and an unbreakable bond.
- Men are what their mothers made them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “To wake up to the sound of my son saying, ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” — Miranda Kerr
- “Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.” — A.E. Coppard
- “Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.” — C.J. Milbrandt
- “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” — Sandra Bullock
- “And she loved a little boy very, very much – even more than she loved herself.” — Shel Silverstein
- “Mother is her son’s first god; she must teach him the most important lesson of all, how to love.” — T.F. Hodge
- “Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged, and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look, and make you wonder how you ever existed before them.” — Katie Bingham Smith
Enjoy the Ride of Pregnancy
Carrying a child for nine months goes fast and slow simultaneously- but being a mom lasts forever. As time passes, you will have many different experiences, but the journey will be worth it. Embrace the time you have connecting with the life that is growing inside you. You will be a mother in the blink of an eye.