Am I Ready for a Baby? 7 Questions to Ask
1. Is your body ready for pregnancy?
Practical considerations related to health are important.
2. Are you financially prepared for a baby?
Take note of your finances, insurance, and job requirements.
3. Do you have enough child care support?
Your partner, family, close friends, etc.
4. Are both partners emotionally ready?
Kids require extra time, patience, resources, etc.
5. Is your relationship ready for big changes?
Try to start with a solid foundation before adding a baby.
6. Are there things you still want to do before becoming a parent?
Do you still have career or personal goals to reach before kids?
7. Are you feeling pressured?
Don't let society, family, or friends make you feel like you have to have kids now.